Black Fox Farm and Distillery Win a Barrel of Whisky Contest
Terms and Conditions
The prize is 350 500ml bottles (the contents of 1 barrel) of Black Fox SE Eleven Single Grain whisky plus the emptied cask delivered to the UK upon maturation in approximately 5 years time.
The prize draw is only available to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland).
Entrants must be of legal drinking age at the time of entry to participate.
Purchase of Black Fox gin or Black Fox SE Eleven whisky through Mr. Waldo’s Drinks Emporium required https://waldosdrinks.com/brand/black-fox/.
No Purchase Necessary option available to attendees of the Strive for Perfection: The Royal Edition book launch by St. James House at the Grosvenor House, London, UK, October 8, 2021.
No Purchase Necessary option available in Northern Ireland.
By entering your details into the prize draw you are agreeing to join our email news updates, insights and exclusive offers.
For full contest rules please see the official terms and conditions below.
Official Terms and Conditions
The Win a Barrel Of Whisky Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Black Fox Farm and Distillery (the “Sponsor”) and will be administered by both the Sponsor and Mr. Waldo’s Wonderful Drink Emporium (the “Administrator”).
These Terms & Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms & Conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms & Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- HOW TO ENTER:
There are three ways to enter the contest.
i.) Purchase necessary option, for every purchase of Black Fox spirits from Mr. Waldo’s Drinks Emporium https://waldosdrinks.com/brand/black-fox/ you will automatically be entered into the draw. Each purchase results in a single entry. More purchases equates to more entries.
ii.) No Purchase necessary online option for attendees of the Strive for Perfection: The Royal Edition book launch by St. James House at the Grosvenor House, London, UK, October 8, 2021. Using the QR code provided at the event, enter online with your full name, valid email address, phone number, and confirm that you have read, understood and accept the Contest rules and that you are above legal drinking age in the United Kingdom by clicking the applicable boxes. All online entries must be received on or before the Contest Closing Date.
iii.) No purchase necessary for residents of Northern Ireland only. To enter send your full name, birth date, full postal address, email address and phone number along with two (2) virtues of Black Fox Farm and Distillery to Black Fox Farm and Distillery “Win a Barrel of Whisky” Contest, RR3, Site 319, Comp 117 245 Valley Road Saskatoon SK CA S7K 3J6. Virtues include a description of positive attributes or commendable qualities about the Sponsor. To learn more about the Sponsor, visit https://blackfoxfarmanddistillery.com/.
To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize in the Contest, a person must be a resident of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), and above the legal drinking age in which he, she, or they resides as of the Contest Start Date.
The Sponsor’s and Administrators employees and Board of Directors, including their respective immediate family* and those domiciled with the Sponsor’s and Administrators employees and Board of directors are not eligible to participate or win prizes in the Contest.
* “Immediate family” includes parents, siblings, children, and spouses.
Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups, agents, third parties or syndicates will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this or any other condition by, for example, the use of programme, application, script, brute force or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize awarded will be void.
- PROMOTIONAL PERIOD
The Contest begins 12:00:00 pm BST (British Summer Time) on October 8, 2021 (the “Contest Start Date”) and ends 11:59:59 pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on December 28, 2021 (the “Contest End Date”), known as the “Contest Period”.
- PRIZE DETAILS
The prize is entry into the Black Fox Cask Ownership program whereby one 200 litre cask (barrel) of whisky will be created within 30 days of the draw date (the “Prize”). To allow for proper maturation and to follow Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (where the distillery is located) rules, the whisky will be aged for 5 years, bottled and labelled prior to delivery. The winner will receive 350 500ml 46% ABV bottles of Black Fox SE Eleven Single Grain whisky plus the emptied cask. The whisky bottles and cask will be delivered to the recipients residence in the United Kingdom in approximately 5 years (between 1825 and 1875 days) after being placed in the cask.
The winner will be notified when the whisky cask has been filled with a reminder sent every year on June 15 and November 15 until the prize is delivered. Should alcohol production rules be changed by the Saskatchewan government within this time frame, Black Fox will advise the winner, follow the new rules and no compensation will be made if the value of the prize changes due to alcohol production rule changes.
Approximate retail value £21,000
The chances of being selected are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- WINNER SELECTION and NOTIFICATION
A random draw will be on December 29, 2021 by the Sponsor at Saskatoon, SK, Canada from among all eligible entries received on or before the Contest Closing Date. The random draw will be done through a Facebook Live Stream through Black Fox Farm and Distillery’s page. There will be only one winner. The selected winner will be contacted by email and/or telephone within seven (7) business days of the draw date by a representative of the Sponsor. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within seven (7) business days of the draw date his/her entry will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected.
There will be a request for further information such as proof of ID, email address and telephone number.
In the event that any winner is ineligible, does not claim their prize within the stated claim period, rejects their prize, is disqualified from the promotion or if any prize is not claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw their prize which will be forfeited, and a reserve, drawn next in line from the original applicable draw will be contacted. If after 3 attempts (main winner & 2 reserves) the prize is not successfully claimed then the Sponsor will withdraw the prize and no winner will be declared.
Black Fox will not be responsible for damages that occur during shipment.
- Shipment. The Prize will only be delivered to an address in the United Kingdom. The Sponsor will not be responsible for damanges that occur during shipment.
- Verification. Entries made online and request for participation without purchase are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Any entry that is, as the case may be, incomplete, incomprehensible, inaudible, illegible, fraudulent, mutilated, late, or which does not comply with the rules herein will automatically be rejected and will not entitle a person to an entry or a Prize.
- Disqualification. The Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or more entries of any person entering this contest or who attempts to participate by means contrary to the rules herein or in a manner prejudicial to other participants (e.g., use of Entry Forms obtained from an unauthorized source, entries exceeding the allowable limit, computer hacking, etc.). Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. If such an attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from that person, without prejudice to the rights of the Sponsor to seek any other remedies to the extent permitted by law. This person could be referred to the competent judicial authorities.
- Non-compliance/eligibility. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws in both Canada and the United Kingdom. To request a copy of these Official Terms and Conditions, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to Black Fox Farm and Distillery “Win a Barrel of Whisky” Contest, RR3, Site 319, Comp 117 245 Valley Road Saskatoon SK CA S7K 3J6. Any participant who is selected at random as part of this contest and does not comply with the eligibility requirements herein will be automatically disqualified and another random draw will be held to select a participant. Any selected participant that does not comply with these eligibility conditions must inform the Sponsor, Administrator or their respective representatives as soon as they contacted him or her.
- Acceptance of a Prize. All Prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged in part or in whole against money, subject to the provisions paragraph below.
- Substitution of a Prize. In the event that it was impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Sponsor or to award a Prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these rules, they reserve the right to award a Prize (or a portion of the prize) of similar nature and equivalent value.
- Refusal to accept a Prize. The refusal of a person selected at random to accept a Prize according to the terms herein releases the Sponsor from any obligation related to Prize to that person.
- Limit of responsibility. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and indemnify the Sponsor, Administrator and any independent judging organization as well as their respective parents, affiliates, agents and contractors, including advertising and promotional agencies, and their directors, officers and employees (collectively referred to as the “Beneficiaries”), from any and all losses, expenses (including legal fees), damages and claims of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any Prize, including without limitation any loss, personal injury, death, property damage, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. To be declared a winner, and before obtaining the Prize, the selected person agrees to sign a Declaration Form to this effect. Under no circumstances will the Administrator, Sponsor, subsidiaries, affiliates, independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotional agencies, be responsible for any injuries, loss or damages of any kind (compensatory, direct, incidental, indirect, consequential or otherwise) with respect to or in any way arising from, this Contest or the Prize awarded. In no event shall the Sponsor be required to award more prizes than what is indicated in these Official Rules or award the prizes otherwise than in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Responsibility – operation of the Contest. The Beneficiaries disclaim any liability with respect to: the malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; any faulty, incomplete, or incomprehensible transaction or any transaction erased by any computer or any network, and which may limit or prevent any person from entering the Contest; any technical or human error which may occur in the treatment of or participation in the Contest; problems with the functioning of the website or features of the website, regardless of cause; malfunction or damage to the telephone network or lines, to computer equipment, to voice mail machines or systems, to data or software, to online systems, servers or access providers; any loss of function because witnesses are not activated; congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer or telephone networks; or any breach of privacy due to interference by hackers.
- Amendment. Subject to appliable law, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, without notice or liability, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part for any reasons whatsoever. In the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Prize Winner may be selected by randomly drawing from among all valid entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- Limitation of prizes. In any case, the Beneficiaries and suppliers of qualifying products related to this Contest shall not be held to award more prizes than indicated in the rules herein or to award prizes other than in accordance with the rules herein.
- Impossibility to act – labour dispute. Beneficiaries shall not be liable in any way in all cases where their inability to act would result from an event or situation beyond their control (earthquake, war, act of terrorism, fire, flood, storm, riot, insurrection, civil unrest, fire or other force majeure) or a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute in their establishments or in the establishments of organizations or companies whose services are used to hold this Contest.
- Limitation of liability – participation. By participating or attempting to participate in this Contest, participants release the Beneficiaries from all responsibility for any damage they may incur due to their participation or attempted participation in the Contest.
- Authorization. By entering this Contest, any Prize Winner authorizes the Beneficiaries and their representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, image, declaration regarding the Prize, place of residence and/or voice without any form of compensation and at their discretion, without limit as to the period of use in any social media or website and globally, for advertising purposes or any other purpose deemed relevant. A statement to this effect will be included in the Declaration Form.
- Communication with participants. By entering the Contest, consent is provided to receive future email marketing communications from the Sponsor, about, and without limitation to, news updates, insights, and exclusive offers, with the option to unsubscribe at any time
- Communication with the winner. By taking part in the Contest, the winner agrees that the Sponsor may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in reasonable marketing activities and publicity relating to the promotion. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants name and/or if consent given, image or statements made by the entrants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the promotion. Winners are not obliged to agree to any request.
- Personal information. Black Fox Farm and Distillery will handle personal information in accordance with its privacy policies and practices, which can be accessed on its website blackfoxfarmanddistillery.com.
- Decisions of the Sponsor. Any decision of the Sponsor or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and cannot be appealed.
- Identification of the participant. For the purposes of the rules herein, the participant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form (or elsewhere, such as on a request for participation without purchase). It is to this person to whom the Prize will be awarded if he, she, or they is selected and declared the Prize Winner.
- Unenforceable paragraph. If any section of the rules herein is declared illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court that section shall be considered invalid, but all other paragraphs not affected will be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
- Liability paragraph. The sponsor and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law
- Trademarks. The Black Fox® logo is used by Sponsor.
- Jurisdiction. This contest is subject to all applicable local, provincial, and federal laws, rules, and regulations in both Canada and United Kingdom, including and not limited to the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority regulations.